Saturday, January 7, 2012

Blog Post 1: Explain the e-learning principles your lesson includes and how they promote critical thinking skills.

The e-learning principles that I included in my lessons were demonstration ranged from one on one learning to group work. I presented a leson that was visually appealing without over doing the graphics. Visualization of topics allows students to be able to draw on thing that they may already be familiar with. Many of the students that walk into my classroom need visual support in order to piece certain aspect of lessons together.

Other principles that I used in my lesson, like collabortation between students. allows students to really think outside of the box. The activities that I have on my storyboard encourage discussion. The topic is simply not just follwing steps, but talking about how to arrive to the comculison that they make.

In the final slides, the group assignment asks students to collect and evelope from the teacher and to get to work on what is inside, But it is not that easy. When the students open the evelope, there are riddles about the topic that they must figure out in order to find the question and then solve the problem. Each riddle will be something that pertains to the second law of motion. And to make sure that groups dont just follw other groups, each envelope will contain a different set of riddles. What the students will eventually figure out that each object that they come across displays that very law being demonstrated in one form or another. This promotes the critical thinking skills that are required not only for the lesson, but for my content area.

No comments:

Post a Comment